Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill vann
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152
Like?
flash frustrations
Mar 10, 2013

I almost feel trollish but bear with me, I'm not.  Have a77 and NEX7.  Was a working pro on and off forever, (flash bulbs)

I am flummoxed with the flash.  I'm handicapped, SCI, so trying to sort a system I can work with.  The NEX is great I can hold it, carry ir, struggle with the tiny contol dial, but manage it.

the glass is ho hum (kit) so got the 50 and the sigmas and YES, so may invest int he zeiss etc.

so the last thing is sorting the flash, I was/am a manual flash shooter and for Christmas was gifted with 2 58s and 1 43.  My own stuff is Lumedyne and sunpack 120s  and was Buff, always manual.

so I can put a 58 on the nex and control the others, but cannot seem to work anything off camera without a master on the camera?  am I missing something?

also, each shot does its own preflash, which I kinda get but to do the odd portrait wtf how annoying and mucho blinkers, am I missing something here?

at this point I'd get a 20 or for junk family stuff and do a manual setup with a wireless systme like quantums (still have a set)

But i feel like while we've take ten steps forward, we've gone 9 back.  read and reread but stymied.

If this is what it is, I doubt Canikon is any better so will adapt but feel like I must be missing something??

bill

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow