Sri Lanka - done by the 600d + the double kit and the 10-22

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Drogba88
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: Sri Lanka - done by the 600d + the double kit and the 10-22
In reply to Roberto Piazza, Mar 10, 2013

I was in Sri Lanka for around 18 months way back in 1945/46, stationed at an RAF camp at Koggala, about 8 miles east of Galle.    I have often thought of going back to see how everything has changed, but never have.   The former RAF camp is now a holiday resort, quite different from when I was there.   Your album was just great, you did a wonderful job and obviously saw more of the island than I did.   All I had at the time was a brownie box camera held together with black insulation tape.  Getting film for it was, of course, difficult but sometimes the boys in the RAF photographic section came up with a reel or two, and I have an album full of black and white photos which were developed for me by the photographic boys.  I moved on to Singapore and returned to the UK at the end of 1947.    I live now in Canada.

-- hide signature --

Giraffe

Drogba88's gear list:Drogba88's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow