Canon IPF6400 Printer

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Upchucked
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: Canon IPF6400 Printer
In reply to luminol, Mar 10, 2013

I used an Epson 7600 with Chrome ink for several years, but in November the printer finally gave up and refused to be fixed.  Three little parts, with a combined cost of under $20, were needed, but Epson stopped making them and that made my beloved printer an expensive boat anchor.

Moving on, I looked at the 7900 and found lots of complaints about ink.... uses more than necessary, black is wasteful and a pain to change, clogging problems, so, i asked around to members of the 5 photo clubs to which I belong.  Bottom line, I ended up getting the ipf6400.

Have been printing with it for about 2 months.  I was, initially, unhappy with the color match, but finally used the Colormuncki Photo to adjust my monitor and the printer. I did a full profile and have never looked back.  Photos now print spot on and the ink usage is so light that I have only had to change two of the 12 cartridges of starter ink.

Given my experience with the Epson and the Canon, I vote for the latter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow