Need help deciding between the Canon T4i and the Nikon D5200?

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 318Gear list
Like?
Need help deciding between the Canon T4i and the Nikon D5200?
Mar 10, 2013

Hello,

So I'm in the market for a new DSLR (yay me!) having tried Sony's A65 which dont get me wrong is a VERY awesome camera...the EVF on it was just a little too weird for me to get use to and in the end, I didn't like using it. So it got returned and I'm looking for my new replacement. I've narrowed down my search between two products. Nikon's new D5200 and Canon's relatively new T4i. Ive gone to the store and played with both and enjoy using both of them. The handling on both is equal for me. So it basically comes down to performance now. I'm not really going to be using either for videography and I know thats a big draw for the T4i, but not its only one. I LOVE the fact that the T4i has touchscreen capabilities as it makes changing the parameters simple, quick, and easy. Of course it seems to come at a price by only getting about 440 shots in on one charge, but that can always be resolved by buying a second battery so no problem there. The other concern I have is that the D5200 seems to have more/better AF points and a 24MP system as opposed to the T4i's 18MP system. In your experience does this put the D5200 over the T4i in terms of quality or no? Again, I'm just looking for some opinions that will sway me one way or another so anything useful is appreciated. Thank You!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Nikon D5200 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow