Veteran MemberPosts: 8,468Gear list
Like?
Re: Here you go
In reply to Zee Char, Mar 10, 2013

Zee Char wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

Zee Char wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

A definite difference. I will go over what you have posted with a fine tooth comb. Thanks for providing this info.

Cheers

Wayne

-- hide signature --

"The best camera of tomorrow can't shoot a picture today".

I feathered it back but did push pretty hard and there are some artifacts showing. I just wanted to illustrate. On a normal day that image would be tamer.

I went through the tutorial you did. I noticed that you used Photoshop. I have LR4 and Elements 10. I was wondering if Elements 10 works the same as Photoshop in what you did?

-- hide signature --

"The best camera of tomorrow can't shoot a picture today".

I read on another forum (not this site) it would work. If you are in LR you can right click on the image and choose "Edit In" and elements should be there. Adobe products on you computer are recognized. I can't back that as I have never tried it because I don't have it. When done in LR just click save and it will export back into Elements as a second TIFF file. TIFF is the default but you can change it if you want to.

Images downloads are locking up right now. When I can download I'll show you one more thing.

When sharpening the RAW image use the masking option in the detail pallet. This also is an edge sharpening method which also basically prevents sharpening any existing background noise. I'm usually about 80. I have a MAC so I press the option key and click on the slider. The whole image goes white. As you slide to the right less white and more black appears to the point where you see edges. Only the white edges get sharpened. Not sure which button to press on PC. Just push a bunch like Alt etc and see which one works.

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow