Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,260
Like?
Re: Please Help Me Tweak My 7D to Improve Image Quality
In reply to Zee Char, Mar 10, 2013

Zee Char wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what was wrong and couldn't see it until I read your post. Of course . . . the lenses is open too much. During a photography course that I took, it was pointed out that one should strive to use an f/stop somewhere in the middle of the range of the lens. I believe they referred to it as a "sweet spot". A rule of thumb perhaps, as each lens would most likely be different.

-- hide signature --

"The best camera of tomorrow can't shoot a picture today".

Forgot to mention in the last quote. By the way about shooing wide open even though the lens is best one to two stops from wide open. I have no problem doing that and do so very frequently if I have to. It depends on the available light. I know I can get it snappy during PP. I'll take the faster shutter speeds, nice Bokeh and less noise over everything else.

Here we go. I was maxed out at this nighttime game. My 300L F4 was too slow for the event. IS) 12,800, lens at F4 and the fastest shutter speeds could get was around 1/500 range which accounts for the blurred hands and feet. If you get lemons then make lemonade. Click on the image to see actual size.  

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow