Buy couple of 600EXs or set of set of monolights ...

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike cooper
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
Buy couple of 600EXs or set of set of monolights ...
Mar 10, 2013

Full Disclosure: I am asking this on the 5D as well as the Lighting Forum …

I currently own several Canon Speedlights (old and new) as well as the ST-E2 and thinking about an upgrade.  I have a very old 420EZ from my film days and a 220EX, 420EX, 550EX, and a 580EX II.

The two options I am thinking of is selling all the old flashes, except maybe the 220 EX as that is what I put in my pocket when I do not want to carry a big flash, and buying 2 600EX-RTs or keeping the 580EX II and buying a couple of entry level monolights (e.g. Impact).  Also if I go the 600EX route should I sell the ST-E2 or can you use it with the 600s in IR mode?

I already know this is an apples and oranges comparison but thought I would toss it out there.  I am an advanced amateur and I am starting to put together a small studio in my house for portraits but most of what I do is shooting at parties and events – so portable.  I also know the monolights will be no good for traveling – that is unless someone wants a big setup for portraits at their event.

Thanks for taking the time … Mike

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow