All 5D MkIII owners, I need your help! (Malfunction)

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bajs1988
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
All 5D MkIII owners, I need your help! (Malfunction)
Mar 10, 2013

Hello everyone, I am completely new here and actually I am new to the photography scene, I need your help.

I received my 5D MKiii a week ago and have been experiencing Error 80, I know this has been discussed many times before but this case is completely different. It is not random and I can reproduce it every single time so I need your help to see if this is wide spread or not. It is a very simple test and can be done in a matter of seconds.

Just switch the camera to Auto mode, set it to continuous shot doesn't matter which one, set the camera to save both Raw Large and High Quality Jpeg, and shoot 5-10 shots.

In this situation ONLY under auto mode does my camera lock up completely and removal of battery is necessary to make the camera function again. This is not a memory card issue because it still happens even without any memory card inserted. All other modes are fine.

I need your help on this because I have to decide whether not I should ship it back to Canon, you see I bought the Camera in the US and now I am residing in Kuwait (Middle-East). I already took it to the local official Canon Repair shop an they did a software wipe and that did not resolve the issue, they recommended I send it back to the US for a replacement considering the Camera is brand new and costs an arm and a leg. So yeah I need to know if this issue is wide spread or not, if it isn't I am sending it back. (The reason I am hesitant is because the cost of shipping this back to the US will be anywhere from 300-400 USD so if it is not widespread I can rest easy knowing that the replacement has a slim chance of having this issue).

So again please all Canon 5D Mkiii owners if you can post your results here I would be forever grateful!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow