Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen Ingraham
Contributing MemberPosts: 611Gear list
Like?
Re: Landscape with SX50 HS
In reply to Wulfhere, Mar 10, 2013

Wulfhere wrote:

´╗┐

As you can see from this image, the background is kind of washed out. Maybe this what makes me focus on the subject (which is nice and clear). What settings should I have had so that the background is... less so out of focus, enough for definition but not so much for distraction? DOF, landscape...a mode missing from the SX50 HS. I own both the SX40 HS and the SX50 HS. I keep the SX40 HS because, basically.. love the camera. I bought the SX50 HS for the zoom. What and where do I make the settings so that this photo has background definition? PS. Love both cameras, still a novice.

I have taken the liberty to do a bit of post work in Lightroom...just to demonstrate the possibilities. Part of the problem here is the underexposure of the background. Lightroom work was done with Shadows and Clarity only, applied to the whole image...no local adjustments. Took me 30 seconds.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-3N NEX5R Olympus OM-D E-M10 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow