Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
YuriS
Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Re: Minolta MC 1,4/50 experiences
In reply to eques, Mar 10, 2013

eques wrote:

Hallo,

my lastest acquisition is a Minolta MC 1,4/50; I have been using some legacy lenses before (3 AIS Nikkors from 20-105 and Minolta MD from 28-135), some are excellent, even wide open, some I have to stop down 1-2 stops for best resolution.

I have posted a similar post on the m43 forum, because at the moment I only use m43gear. But I read a lot on this forum about experiences with legacy glass and I plan to get a NEX 6 body specifically for these old lenses, because they are so much fun to use.

Here one of my first tries with lots of fine detail in the centre:

f1,4

There are huge bloomings and flare alsong all edges with higher contrast. Here a detail

f1,4 100% crop

Still, the image is very sharp with a lot of details, but low contrast because of the flare:

f1,4 100% crop

Last example: a nicely ornamented door, which was completely in the shadow, no sun at all:

f2,0 100%crop

And this is stopped down!

Does any one have similar experiences with this lens or is it just a problem of my copy?

Is this a characteristic of the MC lenses, because of less coating?

I will try it stopped down, but actually I got it because of the shallow DOF wide open!

Peter.

Hi Peter! I own two 50mm f1.4 Minolta lenses: MC Rokkor-PG and MD Rokkor . Both produce very good picture, slightly soft at f1.4 (especially MC), but not something unusual. Please see test and sample pictures, may be it will help…

http://natalispalette.jimdo.com/photo/minolta-md-rokkor-50mm-f1-4-lens/

http://natalispalette.jimdo.com/new-and-old-camera-lenses-by-yuri-stangrit/comparisons-and-reviews/several-50mm-prime-lenses-comparison/

YuriS's gear list:YuriS's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow