Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,980Gear list
Like?
A38 dead?
Mar 10, 2013

I searched this forum, as well as the Sony rumor site, and didn't find much. I have an A77, but it's not getting much use because of the portability of my m4/3 system (which favors video). However, my first SLT was an A33, which was small and light enough to carry more often and allowed me to use some of my favorite Sony/Minolta lenses. Despite the poor viewfinder, absence of features I'm used to (viewfinder level, for example), I still might be interested in an update. Being able to throw an A33-sized body into a bag with, say, my 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 2.8 lenses, perhaps the 18-135, wouldn't add much weight. Plus, I still occasionally use my three flashes with my Sony cameras for wireless flash shooting.

Perhaps I'm in a small group, but I really liked the size of my A33. Haven't been as fond of my subsequent A65/77 cameras, despite their being superior tools in almost every aspect.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow