7,000+ in one Photoshop File for Print

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
MindInRewind
Contributing MemberPosts: 601
Like?
Re: 7,000+ in one Photoshop File for Print
In reply to JJMacks, Mar 10, 2013

JJMacks wrote:

You did not include any information on size or Aspect Ratios. You just stated you wanted Landscape and Portraits keep their orientation and do not state if they could be rotated so all images could printed the same size and aspect ratio where images that do not have the print aspect ratio will be a center crop of the image.

7,000 images printed wallet size like 2"x3" would be like 80' of roll paper 44" wide document. If it 300 DPI that will be 13,200 pixels by 287,100 pixels = 3,789,720,000 pixel total. If Photoshop can handle that many pixels and your computer is up to the task and images can be rotated so all can be tiled into the same size print you could try using my Photoshop script PasteImageRoll

Documentation

-- hide signature --

JJMack

I'm not sure what size yet.  I may want it wall size or i may want it 24x30 with very small images (maybe not all 7,000).  I was just curious if there was an easy way to do it.  But i feel that I may have to do it by hand and may need a faster computer to handle a couple thousand layers. time to go shopping, i guess.  will see what happens.  and I will let you know how it goes.

~MIR

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow