Calibration tools for Eizo Flexscan

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 692
Like?
Re: Calibration tools - DryCreek Review
In reply to BeachnCruz, Mar 10, 2013

Yes, the X-rite i1 Display Pro does seem to be a good choice according to numerous forums comments and reviews, but I also read that their software is buggy (there are memory leaks among other things) and their customer support sucks. I read somewhere that if you buy the BasICColor display software additionaly (around US$ 130) it will make an excellent calibrator package. I suppose this also goes for the ColorMunki too although I don't know if they use the same software but have also heard equally bad things about its software (also memory leaks and crashes).

The Datacolor Spyder 4 Elite on the other hand gets mixed reviews and comments so I'm really confused right now. If they all worked equally well I figured the Datacolor Spyder Capture Pro bundle would be a great deal here, costing around US$ 90 more than the Spyder 4 Elite on its own I'd get:

• Spyder 4 Elite (calibrator/software)
  • Spyder LensCal (lens back/front-focusing calibration tool)
  • SpyderCube (tool to check contrast and white point)
  • SpyderCheckr (tool to check color balance)
  • Metal suitcase to hold the above

The question is if the above extras really serve a purpose or if I can just download and print a focus test chart instead of using the LensCal and a gray card instead of using the SpyderCube and SpyderCheckr. By the way, my local dealer also sells the X-rite i1 Display Pro as a bundle with their ColorChecker for around US$ 50 more than just the i1 Display Pro alone. So what should I get if I want a solid display calibrator package that can handle two monitors on the same Mac?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow