Forum ProPosts: 11,242Gear list
Like?
Re: No way.
In reply to jonrobertp, Mar 10, 2013

jonrobertp wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

x-vision wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Of course he did not share any details - but he did confirm both cameras.

Really? Both things can be true and there just be one camera.

You could be right as well. Don't know.

They keep us guessing, that is good for keeping interest up.

The way I'm reading Canon is that we will see sucessors to both the 60D and the 7D.
This is based not on Maeda's interviews - but actually on how Canon spec'd and positioned the 6D.

My reading of the positioning of the 6D is a bit different. I think it's effectively occupying the price point that the 7D would have - given that one of Canon's marketing aims will be to push each price point up a bit as they have with the 1D, 5D and xx0D lines. Therefore we might have expected a 7DII in the $2k range, but now the 6D is occupying that slot. I think that the 7DII will take the 60D's slot, plus a bit. Also, I can't see with DSLR's being a tight and declining market overall, that Canon (or Nikon for that matter) will want to proliferate models too much. Spread a smaller market amongst more variants and your margin goes down.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Bob, when will you come to the inevitable realization that the 7DII and the 6D are TOTALLY different units...and the price can be identical...and that makes no difference to most semi-pro or retired pro shooters.

I can afford the 6D...and have zero interest. Tried it too. As have hundreds of others...no sale. What we want...let me repeat...is not a FF. Get it ?

We want crop sensor cams like a D70 at around $1200, and a top tiered 7DII at about 17-2200. Both will be made, whether you want them or not. Canon is NOT listening to you...lol.

Cheers .

My best bud got a 6D...and I , like many others, have no interest in that kind of uber-basic, lens-heavy unit.  Of course, he doesn't shoot challenging scenes either.  Simple stuff.  Many of us would much rather spend 2 grand on a cam that we actually want ...and would fit our needs...than what some marketer, fan-club, or even the sales dept. of a company are trying to tell us we need.  Now that is such nonsense..when a company thinks it knows what is needed.  Too many examples in history show that to be false.  Corvair, Beta, etc...

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow