Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,818Gear list
As I expected .....
In reply to RonJG, Mar 10, 2013

No one gave you an "order;" it was a simple "request." Your refusal to demonstrate that you actually use the cameras you are so love to comment about brings your honesty into question in my opinion.

Historically, the majority of people who behave as you do have been shown to be those who didn't have and use the very equipment they professed. You have been quite willing to post images from your Fuji camera on the Fuji forum, but not once have you posted a single image from one of the "three" Sigma cameras you claim to use on the very forum where you spend the vast majority of your time - here!

I don't post on forums about equipment I don't use unless it's a question about something I might want to purchase. My honesty isn't in question. I've been posting on the dPReview forums since a few months after they first existed - since the second week of October, 1999. Over the years I've posted thousands of images from dozens of different digital cameras. When legitimate forum users have a problem, they almost always post images so others can help them sort out the cause. That's "normal" behavior. Then there is your behavior. You began your first post on the Sigma forum with "Have I been Ripped Off?" and it's gone downhill for you since.

Repeatedly forum participants have asked you to post images in order to answer your questions and repeatedly you have ultimately refused to do so. But you love to tell others what the problems are with their equipment or their photos and if and when they disagree with your opinions, you either laugh or begin an argument eventually leading to your being branded as a simple troll. A troll is someone who deliberately stirs up controversy and then pretends to be innocent and picked on. You do that very well.

Lin

RonJG wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

RonJG wrote:

sfa1966 wrote:

RonJG wrote:

I would seriously like to better understand the Sigma cameras I own, (SD1M, SD15 and DP2M). I have problems with all three of them with weird and inconsistent colours, weird and inconsistent exposure and strange jaggies and purple/green splotches in shadow detail.

I'm told I'm either mad or just stirring up trouble with I ask questions or am told that there is nothing wrong with my gear, that all the problems are either in my head or my fault.

Just wondering: Have you ever posted any examples of the various troubles you have had?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
sfa

Yes.

Why then don't you point sfa1966 to a single image you have posted here with any of the three Sigma cameras or the D800E which you own?

Why? What's with your obsession.

I can't find a single instance of any Sigma images you have posted on dPReview. I asked you to photograph a simple water glass with each of your Sigma cameras and your D800E and post links to the RAW images and you ignored the request

Why should I bow and scrape to you? Who are you to give me orders?

Yet you continually tell others who frequently post images from their Sigma cameras what is wrong with them,

Very, very infrequently actually.

Do please try to be honest. Big ask, I know, but with a bit of effort you may get there.

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow