ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,197Gear list
Like?
A couple pictures with new OMD :D
Mar 9, 2013

Hi there! Happy new OMD user here.

I've been using SLR cameras for a while now, with a good amount of lenses. Recently, I decided to switch to µ4/3, as I realized I used my litltle Canon S100 too often instead of lugging the good gear around.

I will be missing the optical viewfinder from my 50D and the general speed of operation. The OMD is fast, but not 50D fast. But as I don't shoot sports very often, I came to the conclusion it will be fast enough for my use.

I am currently using the Panasonic 14 2.5 (great little lens!) and the PL25 1.4 (fantastic piece of glass!). For those pictures, I borrowed my dad's 40-150 zoom lens.

All in all, I am happy with the switch. The main drawback compared to my 50D is the poor CAF performance. But I guess I can live with that. Other than that, the camera is a breeze to use. And boy, I feel like carrying it around, which means much more keepers

My soon to be retired 50D with its heavy 15-85. I'll miss you, fatso!

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow