MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,371Gear list
Like?
Re: 24-105mm rated 50% better than 15-85 at dxo
In reply to technic, Mar 9, 2013

technic wrote:

MAC wrote:

don't fall for the FF kit combo trap - unless you intend to sell the glass and get glass that takes advantage of high mpxls

I'm looking for FF body for the tele/macro primes that I already have. I'm usually not 'focal length limited', so this is an easy win: with FF I get a lot more (and higher quality) pixels out of the same lens, better ISO performance and better viewfinder.

I will probably keep my 450D + 15-85 for the less critical 'walkaround' zoom range. Maybe later on ditch all APS-C gear, switch to a quality compact camera for 'walkaround' and buy some high quality primes like 24/35/85 for the FF body (or an optically improved 17-40II for the SWA range, if it materialises). But at the moment my only choice with Canon is the 6D, which I'm not really enthusiastic about - so I'm not sure yet about investing in additional FF glass.

agree, you have very good glass, just need to wait for the next body that you like that will go with your glass

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow