IQ of 7d w 15-85mm Vs 6d w 24-105mm?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,486Gear list
Like?
Re: 24-105mm rated 50% better than 15-85 at dxo
In reply to MAC, Mar 9, 2013

MAC wrote:

don't fall for the FF kit combo trap - unless you intend to sell the glass and get glass that takes advantage of high mpxls

I'm looking for FF body for the tele/macro primes that I already have. I'm usually not 'focal length limited', so this is an easy win: with FF I get a lot more (and higher quality) pixels out of the same lens, better ISO performance and better viewfinder.

I will probably keep my 450D + 15-85 for the less critical 'walkaround' zoom range. Maybe later on ditch all APS-C gear, switch to a quality compact camera for 'walkaround' and buy some high quality primes like 24/35/85 for the FF body (or an optically improved 17-40II for the SWA range, if it materialises). But at the moment my only choice with Canon is the 6D, which I'm not really enthusiastic about - so I'm not sure yet about investing in additional FF glass.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow