Flat view
BuddyRich
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Tips for a new XE1 Owner?
Mar 9, 2013

So Ive got a new XE1 with 18-55 lens.

The 35 F1.4 might be my next purchase.

So far i like how it handles. The 18-55 might be a touch heavy compared to the body but the total package feels nice.

Ive got the Wasabi battery packs and charger combo on order and a kaza full case.

ive updated the fw to 1.04 and changed the ois from continous to "when shooting" to save battery.

Any other worthwhile settings? i like the evf but is there a way to have it turn on when next to the eye and turn the lcd off completely? it seems i can do evf on, lcd on or both with it switching based on eye sensor but if i use evf only it doesn't seem to ever turn off, its always on (unless there is a delay setting).

My other question is how do i get a longer "live view" in the evf? when i half press to focus i get a real quick pic of how the lighting actually is but then it gains up... a dof preview button might work for what i want as well but i could find one, unless its in the menus?

My only other comment is the ois in the lense might give me a stop. i can handhold 1/30th, but 1/15 is blurry but OK with OIS. However 1/8 is blurry even with OIS.

i used to get better perf with the VR in the nikon 16-85 but otherwise i am happy with the lense.

Any other battery saving settings and tips people can offer would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow