nozzle check Epson 3880

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,527
Like?
Andrew, 0.1mL is a lot of ink???
In reply to AusPic, Mar 9, 2013

AusPic wrote:

That makes a whole lot more sense. I cant imagine 800 odd dots use up 39ml ink. So what that says a lot more clearly than I had hoped is that what we are dealing with here is a ROUTINE. We now come full circle to where I entered this dicsussion. I am not even going to go around again..I do not givea damn howmuch ink ends up on the paper, that is just so irrelevant its no longer funny.

Pinting a nozzle pattern is a routine and it uses a lot of ink, not a lot ends up on the paper.

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

If one that doesn't print a lot, prints a nozzle check once a week just to keep the the 3880 cartridges agitated, and nozzles unblocked, that's about 10 cents worth of ink per week, $5 USD/AUD per year.  That's peanuts.....

Auto/manual cleans take about 10mL of ink each clean!  Borderless printing wastes more ink per print than one nozzle check.

I print a nozzle check before and after each printing session just to make sure that I don't have any blocked nozzles which will waste a 13x19 print.

I don't understand what you mean by the nozzle pattern ROUTINE is wasting a lot of ink?

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow