Sri Lanka - done by the 600d + the double kit and the 10-22

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roberto Piazza
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Many thanks !
In reply to Midwest, Mar 9, 2013

Thanks, friends,

I'm so glad you have appreciated my work.

Before leaving for this holiday, I had to decide: bring the camera and the 15-85 alone (my fourth lens) in the lowepro adventure, or bring the camera and these three lenses in my caselogic.

So, I just googled for images of all the places of the itinerary, and understood that the combo was probably a better choice (especially due to the need of zoom in the national park). Happy to have done that.

Besides, with a rebel and these APS-C lenses another good point is that ALL the equipment (camera, 3 lenses, batteries, charger and cable, memories, blower, hoya CPF, caps and short 58mm hood, fit perfectly in the caselogic 202, and weighted just about 2.6 kg. !!!

I do share the same love for the kit lenses: seen their lightness and price, they are just great, and apart for its very useful range, I don't find the 15-85 to be really much better than the 18-55!).

All the shots were batch converted raw to jpg with the in-camera "picture style" I have set and used, and then basically just rotated, cropped and tuned with acdsee.
Only for about 10% of them, when I supposed that a more detailed work on the raw could be useful, before converting to jpeg I have worked a bit with DPP, mainly for shadows/highlights or color temperature.

ciao from italy

-- hide signature --

www.picasaweb.google.ch/errepizeta
-

Roberto Piazza's gear list:Roberto Piazza's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow