Just Released...Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alton (TN)
Contributing MemberPosts: 976
Like?
These specs would make me happy with the 7DII but...
In reply to mailman88, Mar 9, 2013

I would "hope" for a few things not mentioned but probably included. Things that I like the locking mode dial, silent shutter, and less noise. I am hoping for the 24MPs if they aren't problematic, but I'm more looking forwards to the 5DIII/1DX like AF.

If they are looking to improve the focusing speed with a integrated grip I also welcome that, even with a little extra expense. But that wish is for my own selfish reasons. I shoot hummingbirds in flight a lot  and I often wish the 7D would lock on a little faster. Whether that has to do with battery or an improved AF I claim to know. The 5DIII locks on much faster using the same battery as the 7D so it may not need a stronger battery. But I'll take whatever speed increase I can get.

Time will tell I guess. In the meantime, I still very pleased with my current 7D. When the upgrade comes it is still all good! It will just be another tool to let us enjoy this passion better. It is a little like treasure hunting. You can hope that it is all you want it to be until it is revealed. No matter what, it will be something that you don't have now.

-- hide signature --

Alton

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow