Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marc Heijligers
Regular MemberPosts: 473
Like?
Re: A question
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Mar 9, 2013

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

You do not seem to follow guidelines, do you

Do you? Did you read rule number 10? Posting the same (or similar) message more than twice in any of the forums will be considered spamming.

Posting untrue insults does little to progress the topic.

It depends on your interpretation of my writing. I'm not trying to insult you at all, and as I told you before, you're always welcome to go for a beer when you are around.

If 123 people would post "1+1=2", and person A constantly posts that this is not true because according to him "1+1=3", we can safely state that the reasoning of person A is flawed according to what we have learnt on primary school. Is that insulting?

Despite all the efforts of people to explain AF (a summary can be found here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50699353) or to ask you questions about your statements (a summary can be found here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50654072), you don't seem to be able to come any step further than spamming every new target that pops up by stating one of the rules of page 100 applies (without any evidence it does). Relevant questions of forum members remain unanswered, you just step out, and later step into another topic with the same story again. This implies for me you you address another agenda topic or problem.

My post 6441, a detail I post about once a month, is a reasonable evidence for some.

First you fuzz about symmetrical targets, and then come up with an asymmetrical target in an extreme use-case as an example where AF may fail. Your reasoning is not consistent, and the example is completely unrelated to what has been shown before, hence completely irrelevant.

I do not understand your comment about page 100. If autofocus is not accurate with low contrast subject, with subjects containing objects at different distances within the focus point, with geometric pattern subjects, with high contrast edges, with a small subject in front of a large object, or with a very fine detail subject, as page 100 cautions can happen, surely any competent photographer will realise further testing with a better subject is wise before concluding lens or camera might have a fault

Please show us experimental data (e.g. show pictures) to show us to what extent and for which use-cases exactly this becomes a problem, and in which regions or use-cases we can expect repeatable and trustworthy AF results. I.e., can you come into a cooperative mode instead of keeping on spamming?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow