Veteran MemberPosts: 5,916Gear list
Like?
Re: 28mm equivalent, a must-have
In reply to jim stirling, Mar 9, 2013

jim stirling wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

I find it curious that is comes with such a wide focal length equivalent to 28mm. I think it will attract even less customers than a 35mm equivalent which is a mre allround lens.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

I would tend to agree if I was stuck with one focal length I would also opt for a 35mm AOV. Though I am sure that many prefer the wider 28mm . Though I have no doubt that it will deliver excellent image quality for me the lack of an EVF either in built or add on combined with its launch price makes it very low down my interest scale. Other than its diminutive size I do not really see the appeal of the single focal length premium compacts .

Jim

I'd like a FF sensor body, with a 50mm F2 lens and an E-VF :-). Or even better, let's dream, make it an interchangeable lens camera, with 28mm F2.8, 50mm F2 and 90mm F2.8 ..

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

When I first started out in photography my first serious kit was a small slr , with a 28mm,50mm and 135mm , with the help of a few accessories such as extension tubes and filters a very wide range of photos could be taken . So a FF mirrorless with the selection of lenses you mention would definitely tickle my fancy. I am not a fan of using the LCD for composition other than video and I would not consider a body that did not have access to an EVF. There seems to be a few rumours of FF mirrorless coming from Sony et al. But considering they charge £2500 for the RX1 I imagine it would not be cheap.

Jim

I see where you comes from :-). My first interchangeable lens body was a Contax G with three lenses (28,45,90mm) I later added a 21mm.  That last lens is a fantastic one !  Alas the Contax company issued it just as digital SLRs appeared and it went down before giving a digital body for this RF line of body. So I switched to a Canon D60 and this beautiful lens never got as much use as it should.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow