D800 Left AF UK repair experience

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,475Gear list
Like?
Re: A question
In reply to Marc Heijligers, Mar 9, 2013

Leonard doesn't know much about autofocus. His reasonings are flawed, and up to now he has failed to bring any evidence on the table. He structurally avoids questions he can't answer. He is not capable to translate the statements of page 100 to real-life situation.

You do not seem to follow guidelines, do you

Posting untrue insults does little to progress the topic.

My post 6441, a detail I post about once a month, is a reasonable evidence for some.

I do not understand your comment about page 100. If autofocus is not accurate with low contrast subject, with subjects containing objects at different distances within the focus point, with geometric pattern subjects, with high contrast edges, with a small subject in front of a large object, or with a very fine detail subject, as page 100 cautions can happen, surely any competent photographer will realise further testing with a better subject is wise before concluding lens or camera might have a fault

From time to time I go into detail as to why any one of the six types of subject might result in poor autofocus accuracy. That aside the technical reasons as to why autofocus might sometimes fail are secondary to Nikon confirming sometimes they are capable of failing.

Digressing slightly the page 100 guidance has changed little since I started using Nikon autofocus cameras in 1999.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow