Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjdean01
Senior MemberPosts: 2,159Gear list
Like?
"New" DP1x from Ebay
Mar 9, 2013

I bought a DP1x off of ebay as NEW IN BOX.  The guy already has one negative about advertising a product as new and it being used.  Well, I'm sure mine was used.  Packages are all ruffled and there are scuffs from where the lens cap has been put on and off.  Not to mention the date was set for his time zone.  The first image I shot is titled: SDIM0293, so can I assume he snapped the shutter 292 times?  Plus a fake Chinese battery was in it and there were 2 others in the box along with the Sigma battery.  I've never given anyone negative feedback but I think I'm going to give it to him because he lied, both in the ad and in the mail when I mailed to confirm that it was new.  I guess I'll mail him and give him a chance first.

Anyway....wow!  The camera feels like one of those $49.99 Vivitar cameras you see hanging in the cereal aisle you buy for your kid.  Especially the plasticy feelilng buttons.  I snapped a few inside shots and man, ISO 200 is noisy!  I knew buying this thing it was for outdoors only, so I'll have to snap a few tomorrow at ISO 50!

Anyone have any tips to get the best out of the camera?

Sigma DP1x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow