SHG/HG VS Zeiss ?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Jeepit
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Re: It depends
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Mar 9, 2013

Craig from Nevada wrote:

The 12-60mm is a fine lens. If you sell it and get $700 for it you will be lucky. If you buy a Zeiss 24-70mm, you will drop $2,000. Net cost $1,300 and you still need to buy a Sony camera. If your choice is the a77, you will be dropping another $1,000. Total for the switch--about $2,400. You can pick up an new e-5 for $1,500 on sale.

Is the Zeiss 24-70mm any better than the 12-60mm? I don't know, but many people think there is premium paid for the Zeiss name.

HI Craig,

I enjoy your your comments on this forum.  I understand what your saying about switching and the cost.  I am really looking at the future as in the E7 & A78.  I'm trying to gather as much info on how actual owners feel about the two brands.  I own a E330 and really want to upgrade so I have been waiting since 2007 to upgrade.  The more I read about the current A77 the more I start to think about switching.  I have had the camera in my hands (at the Sony store) and I'm very impressed with it.  I keeping holding out the Oly will come through at give us all the most technological advance dSLR us oly shoooters have been waiting for.  At least for me the E5 was not it. Hence I keep waiting for the E7 and hoping its not a m4/3. Just in case it turns out to be in that realm then I want to be ready with info to seriously look at the A78.

Rick

Jeepit's gear list:Jeepit's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow