Just Released...Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,931Gear list
Like?
Re: Doubtful
In reply to bobn2, Mar 9, 2013

bobn2 wrote:

I would say otherwise. Tons of room for manoeuvre there. What is 'it's successor' - one camera can be a successor to two models, and they will not be putting out a product with merely better specs but one that has evolved into new territory. No 'merely better specs' an mean 'different specs' and 'new territory' can mean downmarket as well as up. I can't see that statement invalidates what I think will heppen at all. After all, I said the new camera would be called the 7DII, I thought it would have better specs (not much better) and I thought it would go into new territory.

Interpret it any way you want. I think you're broadly stretching it to fit your own vision of what Canon is planning. I thought his statement was pretty unequivocal And he separately (and very clearly) stated that a separate 60D successor was forthcoming.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow