Diffusers Galore! Fong sphere vs. Pearstone dome vs. Nikon stock diffuser dome. Tips?

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jbarss
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Diffusers Galore! Fong sphere vs. Pearstone dome vs. Nikon stock diffuser dome. Tips?
Mar 9, 2013

Hello all,

My struggle continues to be finding the most natural looking fill flash technique, where the untrained eye would have no idea a flash was used. Specifically in cloud-less days in an area with lots of trees and thus, lots of shadows.  I am shooting a a D600 with a 24-70 2.8 Nikkor and a SB-700. TTL-BL is a great thing but i had doing bare direct flash.

What is the difference between the stock diffuser dome that comes with the SB's and the similar looking Pearstone brand? I notice when i put the stock Nikon brand dome on, i can hear the flash do something, as though it knows its on there. What is that?

Any reviews on the Gary Fong lightsphere?

I see alot of soft boxes that mount on the flash but they seem flimsy and cheap in the photos on amazon and look like they would just be awkward and just get in the way.

HELP!

-- hide signature --

- Joel

jbarss's gear list:jbarss's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Apple iPad 2 WiFi
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow