Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless cameras part 2.
In reply to Richard, Mar 9, 2013

Richard wrote:

Mjankor wrote

As if m4/3 lenses offer any upgrade path to a larger sensor camera.

Yeah, but there's no issues of commitment to m4/3s. If I were an APS-C user I'd be slightly concerned about FF moving into prosumer territory and APS-C moving down to entry level.

We won't look at what happens when we add a long lens for wildlife.

If you want something with a larger aperture, you're out of luck with m4/3.

So faster than an f5.6 on a 400mm (assuming we're still sticking to the Canon). Yeah, not interested thanks.

Yes but many people may want that, in every example the other poster stated in this post you said oh but the canon/nikon/sigma lens is not wide or telephoto enough because it wasn't exactly what the Oly lens was. So of course, it will never be good for you.

Err no. There was a single example, But hey, feel free to make stuff up. The discussion was about an APS-C kit for me. Therefore, you get to match my preferences. Other people have different preferences and I don't speak for them.

You are not interested in pro glass, understandable you do not purchase pro camera or even semi pro like the Canon and Nikon, Oly is a step above point and shoot and a bunch of steps below Canon and Nikon offerings another reason for the decline in the US.

Wrong again. You're good at this. I'm interested in pro glass, but, as with all things there are compromises. You choose the compromises that work for you.

You are not interested in FF because you are not interested in quality of IQ or any pro level features. Understandable. I do not criticize you for that but really a camera phone can do most of it and back to my point mirrorless gets lost between camera phone and Nikon Canon crop and FF cameras.

Oh, so now I'm also not interested in IQ, or pro level features. A camera phone would be a better instrument for me?

But you have no answer to that because the decline part is a fact. It is fact that mirrorless is somewhere between camera phone and Canon/nikon cameras. Fact that you defend Oly when is has purple issues is because you are a fanboy. That is ok too but there are not enough fanboys to keep mirrorless alive, I think it will slip away like the 110 film of years gone by.

And I'm a fanboy too?

All these lovely insults simply because you can't consider alternatives objectively. I'd have thought someone who is rude to others simply because of their choice of camera, who amplifies issues, such as the purple flare far beyond any meaning and who cannot even put forth an objective viewpoint is far closer to the definition of a fanboy.

Have you noticed how I haven't even attempted to belittle you because of your camera choice. I don't even know what camera you use. It doesn't worry or interest me.

Why does someone explaining why they chose a mirrorless system, without attempting to denigrate other camera formats, result in such a defensive reaction from people such as yourself? Why would you even find it worth arguing, much less insulting, someone because of their choice of camera?

PS

Of course, I'd have thought that one of the most defining features about "fanboys" is that they're always trying to convert others to their cause. Ring any bells, Richard?

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow