Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,690Gear list
Like?
Re: Doubtful
In reply to Jerry-astro, Mar 9, 2013

Jerry-astro wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Personally I think there will not be both a 70D and 7DII, they will reunify the line. The new camera will most likely be called the 7DIII and will be not a huge upgrade from the present, but sell around the $1200 price point instead of the $1800. There's only so much money kicking around at $2k per camera, doesn't make sense having two cameras in that price range.

Did you read the earlier comments from Canon's VP? Not at all consistent with your speculation. He pretty clearly indicated (as clearly as anyone from Canon is likely to be) that there will be successors to both, with the 7D stretching into some pretty new space. We'll see what that translates to, but he was pretty forthright on this and I suspect you're pretty off base. Time will tell.

Makes sense to me having two models.

A 60DmkII with 50D ergonomics and couple more features ($1000-1200 ish) and a 7DmkII ($1800 ish).

Not upgrading myself (I just did) but I am curious what Canon will come up with.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow