What's the difference of DP-30 viewfinder and modified DP-30 for DCS 760 and DCS 720x

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Questions thread
tbosley
Contributing MemberPosts: 834
Like?
Re: What's the difference of DP-30 viewfinder and modified DP-30 for DCS 760 and DCS 720x
In reply to JBemus, Mar 8, 2013

JBemus wrote:

vincent W wrote:

Well,

My viewfinder for DCS 720x was missed and it is really hard to find one. According to the manual from kodak , the viewfinder of DCS 720x was modified.

The main difference was release button color for viewfinder of DCS 720x and DCS 760.

I really don;t have idea about the intrinsic difference inside the viewfinders.

Can I just buy a DP-30 viewfinder from Nikon F5 body?

Thanks

I was head of tech support for that camera at Kodak back in the day. The DP-30 will work correctly. You may have to go into the camera firmware and adjust the metering plus or minus. You can check the user guide for how to do that:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/professional/manuals/dcs/DCS700/EN_DCS_700.pdf

Oh my.  If your the James I think you are, I am sure we have talked on Big Yellow Tech Support a time or two.

Off topic, but can you explain what may cause the circuit board failures when people attempt to remove the IR/AA on the DCS Pro DSLRs?

I've seen a couple referencing repairs needed after attempts to change filters....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow