Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
faith_ps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Re: It depends
In reply to Jeepit, Mar 8, 2013

Jeepit wrote:

Sergey_Green wrote:

In most cases I prefer Sigma to Zeiss, as 30/1.4, 50/1.4, and even macro lenses. Plus honestly I have not used manual lenses in ages, don't even know if I would be able to handle one. So to your question, I would take SHG any time, regardless of what it is.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Hi Sergey,

I always enjoy reading your post. I was thinking in more of the auto lenses that fit on to the Sony dSLR.

I'm trying to decide either E5/E7 or Sony A77/78. Both are rumored to coming out in August/September.

Zeiss autofocus on a Sony body is very expensive. But Zeiss on more common bodies are all manual focus (which is good for some). You won't be in a hurry photographing things if you put on the Zeiss. So it's for that particular photography that is more like fine art. You compose with care, expose carefully and enjoy the result. That's what Zeiss is for. Here are two samples of 50mm planar f1.4 on a 5Dmk2. Perhaps on the Sony, the Zeiss would behave the same. The difference would be how the A77 behave on the colourings. Bear in mind the crop factor on A77/78.

5D2 + Zeiss 50mm f1.4

5Dmk2 + Zeiss 50mm f1.4

I currently own the E330 w/12-60mm.

I just did a test few days ago. An old CCD sensored E500 (older than your E330) + a SHG 14-35 f2.

E500 + 14-35 SHG

E500 + 14-35 SHG

As you can notice.. the best lens can make even an old sensor/body look at its best. Best to invest in the best of lens. They are everlasting.

BTW, I've owned E330. Fit it on with an SHGs and you'll see the magic.

Cheers,

JAKOP

Thanks for the input...

Rick

-- hide signature --

The saxophone is a very interesting machine, but I'm more interested in music.
Steve Lacy quotes

faith_ps's gear list:faith_ps's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sigma DP3 Merrill Leica X Vario Olympus Stylus 1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow