Change or die - OK - what's your next Change?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan Nikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
Re: Who's market?
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Mar 8, 2013

Kirk Tuck wrote:

Dan, I was trying to make the same point. No one seems to understand how vast the scope of commercial photograph is. Why they are laboring in the small return, retail arena is beyond me. And being so in debt buying big machines that will be obsolete in months rather than selling what you know and your point of view is amazing to me.

While the corporate market was not good for me in 2009 and 2012 it has recovered well and promises to return a good income over the next few years.

If you have recurring corporate clients you need only educate them once and then you enjoyed repeated low friction projects. If you stil do retail photography you have to sell, train, educate and cajole every bride that comes through your door. It's a very, very inefficient way to make money.

Can we please have some topics here in "professional photography" where we actually discuss advertising photography? Architectural photography? Corporate photography?

The constant mantra of babies and brides is horrifying.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

Actually, given the public exposure and majority who visit here.....maybe we are better off..:-)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow