sambucadog
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Paper thickness..
In reply to Petruska, Mar 8, 2013

Petruska wrote:

sambucadog wrote:

sambucadog wrote:

Bob, do you ever even use the front loader? How thick is EEF? Just wondering!

The reason I ask is because I have yet to need to use any other feed path on any of the printers for even 300gm Moab Water color paper which is like card stock! I can feed it from the top feeder without a single problem on the 3800 or any of the other printers.

Joe

I only use the top feeder. All thick papers, including Epson Exhibition Fiber (13mils), load and print fine. In fact, I have never tried the front tray on my R3000 since I got it about a year ago. I also feed canvas from the top tray.

Bob P.

Epson Cold Press Natural (and Bright) are 21 mil, quite thick!

Hmm...just poking around the printer settings. By Media Type (Cold Press Natural) when I access Paper Config it says paper thickness 5. Could this have anything to do with it? I can't seem to change it to anything higher than 13.

That printer driver paper thickness number is in 0.1mm, 0.1mm = 4 mils. Thus the number 5 in the box equals 20 mils, 13 equals 52 mils.

Plenty of range for most papers available.

Bob P.

Spent another hour on the phone with Epson, they explained that to me too about the thickness. I got a new guy and he got it to print a Windows sample image out of Windows picture viewer with no error message. The same image in Photoshop with all the same settings  gave the error message. At that point he wanted to start deleting things within Photoshops settings, which I was not comfortable with until I totally understand what I am deleting, which he couldn't be clear on. I asked to talk to a Level 3 tech because they could remotely look at my computer, but no go. He wanted me to call Adobe and have them figure it out. Geez, just let the Level 3 person take a look already...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow