Windows 8 on Chromebook Pixel?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greenville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,072Gear list
Like?
For $1,299 seems very expensive
In reply to CAcreeks, Mar 8, 2013

Yes the Chromebook has a very nice screen, but it only has 4 GB of memory, and 2 USB 2.0 ports and a 32 GB SSD (this alone will probably prevent you from loading Windows - I believe Win 8 takes 43 GBs.

If it had at minimum 64GB SSD and USB 3 then I could see the possibility of this machine. Personally I think the MBP running Win 8 is more practical just for the specs, but another poster mentioned that some have had problems using retina with Windows. (No personal experience.)

I do wish laptop makers would wake up and start delivering better screens on their laptops.  PC makers keep complaining about poor sales, but what do they expect with such poor specs except for a few high end models. At least Google got the screen right

I could see the value in Google's play if someday being connected to the cloud with LTE type speeds with unlimited data was a reality.  The reality is we still live in a world where you are disconnected at times and need to keep files locally.

Ed

Greenville's gear list:Greenville's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX300 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow