Change or die - OK - what's your next Change?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan Nikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
Who's market?
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Mar 8, 2013

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

We know the market, the industry that we work in has been and is changing. And it will continue to do so.

The market or your market...?

You are a mod, anyway to change this forum subsection to "Pro Wedding and Events Talk" since that is what it seems to limited to?

I mean, I just shot my first wedding in 20 years two weeks ago, all in black and white film and hand printed, paid my "Digital" help $1,500 for half a day's work since I billed it at $13,500. I will only do two a year until I run out of this "special" film and the price keeps going up and up as the edition runs out. Next one is booked for Fall at $16,000, so far so good...

As for other work, all my commercial and fine art is up 200% this year, lots of hotel, private collectors and interior designers paying thousands. This is with no public website, all private, all high end, top 1% of the industry stuff.

But that's may market, hardly mainstream...I did my "Next Change" last year, dumped digital for 90% of my work and invested about 40K in top end darkroom, large format, thousands on film and paper, etc.....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow