Change or die - OK - what's your next Change?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan Nikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
Who's market?
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Mar 8, 2013

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

We know the market, the industry that we work in has been and is changing. And it will continue to do so.

The market or your market...?

You are a mod, anyway to change this forum subsection to "Pro Wedding and Events Talk" since that is what it seems to limited to?

I mean, I just shot my first wedding in 20 years two weeks ago, all in black and white film and hand printed, paid my "Digital" help $1,500 for half a day's work since I billed it at $13,500. I will only do two a year until I run out of this "special" film and the price keeps going up and up as the edition runs out. Next one is booked for Fall at $16,000, so far so good...

As for other work, all my commercial and fine art is up 200% this year, lots of hotel, private collectors and interior designers paying thousands. This is with no public website, all private, all high end, top 1% of the industry stuff.

But that's may market, hardly mainstream...I did my "Next Change" last year, dumped digital for 90% of my work and invested about 40K in top end darkroom, large format, thousands on film and paper, etc.....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow