Affordable wide-gamut printing services in the US?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,194
Like?
Re: Affordable wide-gamut printing services in the US?
In reply to nixda, Mar 8, 2013

nixda wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

nixda wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

nixda wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any main-stream photo printing services in the US that offer gamuts wider than the restricted sRGB space usually found (MPix, AdoramaPix, EZPrints, etc.)? With 'main-stream', I am referring to easily accessible, and priced not too much higher than the standard printing services.

How wide a gamut do you want? I don't know of a printing machine that can produce as much as AdobeRGB, in fact I can't think of ant that cover the whole of sRGB.

A 10 or 12 pigment ink printer will have areas it covers outside or both AdobeRGB and sRGB, but will still have areas that it can;t reproduce from either.

Brian A

Thanks for your reply.

Essentially, I am wondering if it made sense for me at this point in time to convert to a wider-gamut setup (matching monitor and workflow) with a wide-gamut printer as the final output device. I realize that I would still benefit from a wide-gamut display, independent of the printing process, but I wanted to see if I could go the whole nine yards without having to purchase (and properly maintain) a high-end ink jet. If there were easily accessible printing services around that utilized wider-gamut printers, then I'd be much more willing to change my process.

There are plenty of printers around that support wide gamut printing. I would start searching locally. Where abouts are you located?

Brian A

Central NC

There has to be someone in the Triangle area doing this. There should be bucket loads in Asheville, if you are willing to go that far.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow