If you could take just one prime lens, it would be the 10mm or the 18.5mm?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco RS
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: If you could take just one prime lens, it would be the 10mm or the 18.5mm?
In reply to Identity, Mar 8, 2013

Identity wrote:

It seems like for most people, the answer is if I could only take one prime lense, I wouldn't. I'd just take both

Since the Nikon 1 lenses are so small and light, this really is much less of a practical issue than with larger systems.

Slightly off-tangent, but I still find the 30-110 to be just remarkably small and light considering how good it is and what kind of reach it has. I think it may be one of the best-value lenses on sale for any camera right now, and it's compact enough that I can take it anywhere, unlike the typical monstrous 50-200 lenses on a DSLR.

I was out photographing birds one day and came across a guy with a Canon Rebel using a 50-200 lens. We both spotted a bald eagle some way in the distance and started snapping, and he looked at my camera and said "You're gonna need a bigger lens than that!".

Then I showed him the photos I'd taken. That shut him up

funny!

Marco RS's gear list:Marco RS's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow