ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
madmaxmedia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,514
Like?
Proud new owner of a Ricoh 500SE-B, need a USB port cover, and some questions
Mar 8, 2013

Hi all,

I just bought a Ricoh 500SE-B in nice condition. Being my favorite Ricoh is still the GRD I, this should be a fun little cam to toss about- well, not little, this thing is CHUNKY! It literally looks like it should have an APS-C sensor in there. But I've seen enough GX8 shots to know I like what I see...

I had a few questions for any other owners-

1. The USB/AUX port cover is missing, does anyone have one lying around unused? I could compensate for the part and for shipping.

If not, I guess I could crumple up a piece of paper towel in there, and then tape over it. It won't make it water resistant, but at least it should be rain proof.

2. The firmware seems to be 3.66, does anyone know if that is the latest? That's the number next to CPU2. The shutter count is low on this one- only 145! (SH)

3. When I hit the DISP button, it doesn't cycle through the different modes, no gridlines, no display off mode. The button works though, when I hold it down it does toggle the max brightness mode on/off.

4. I can format the internal memory (after entering the passcode '0000'), but can't shoot to it- when I try it just says "Insert Card". What gives? I normally wouldn't care, but don't have a regular SD card on me right now.

Thanks all. The camera has a nice reassuring feel to it, and it's nice not to have to worry about extending lenses. No command wheel, but at least it has an ADJ. button. I really wish I could select Color Depth as one of the settings though (since this one has a B&W mode).

Cheers!

Ricoh Caplio 500SE
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow