[D7000] Out of these 4 macro lenses, which one is THE best?

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Allan martin
Regular MemberPosts: 177
Like?
Re: Tamron 90mm is a legend
In reply to _sem_, Mar 8, 2013

_sem_ wrote:

Allan martin wrote:

Ok, let me see what else..

Flash! Ill be using built-in flash for a long while till I can afford a good external one.

Im taking the tamron 60mm would be the winner here, cause there would be no cast shadows from the barrel, as opposed to the 90mm?

Naked pop-up flash is not so good for macro, except for a slight fill. Otherwise you get harsh shadows and reflections (intense specular highlights) and a flattened deer-in-the-headlights look. I don't recall if the T 60 casts a shadow with the pop-up flash because I never use it like this.

But the T 60 does work fine with the D90 pop-up flash and a convenient collapsible diffuser that mounts on the lens. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/35870560

Generally this should work with the T90 too, but due to the increased MFD the pop-up flash will not have enough power for base ISO with the aperture stopped down. Mind using full power you drain the battery quickly, flash recycling is slow, and the flash pulse is relatively long so the motion-freezing effect is not as good.

Well from my humble perspective, I think T 60 would be the winner then.

Take a look at the lenses I have right now: 35mm 1.8, 17-50mm 2.8, 85mm 2.8, 70-300mm, 10-20mm 4.

Since im leaning more towards the T 60 after-all, would it pair nice with my other lenses, in a 1+1 set for light traveling? (of course, leaving macro aside and focusing on the 60mm focal length usability).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow