The new Samsung 50 - 200 mm III arrived - are there any questions?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,125Gear list
Like?
Re: The new Samsung 50 - 200 mm III arrived - are there any questions?
In reply to Usee, Mar 8, 2013

Usee wrote:

timedrun wrote:

Shame, but thanks for posting. It is a similar story with my MK1, it's pretty nice (for what it is) up to 150mm, again, thanks for taking the time.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

Yes,

it is a shame, how a good idea is badly executed, thus wasting time, energie, ressources and nerves.

I like to see a first class 60-240 mm F4 zoom - if it is well executed (tack sharp across the frame - wide open and with nice bokeh!), it would be worth spending even 1000.- €

I assume you are referring to the SMC Pentax DA* 60-250mm f/4? I love that lens, and yes, it is well over $1000 US.

I think your shots look pretty typical for a 50-200 mm kit lens (from most brands).  People always judge the lens over the entire range, but forget that a lens like a Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 covers a lesser range, and in the case of the Pentax DA 50-200mm I had at one point, it was pretty good over the 50-135mm range, but also goes out to 200.  It was also light in comparison, but it was easy to say it wasn't good at 200mm so dismiss the lens.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow