Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alton (TN)
Contributing MemberPosts: 990
Like?
How much would be too much for a 7DII?
Mar 8, 2013

The latest Canon rumors has the 7DII projected to have an integrated grip to enhance the focus speed. I'm primarily a bird photographer lately and I like the presumed specs if in fact that comes to pass.

I'm also for the most part a pretty happy camper with my current 7D. Yes, sometimes it is a little noisy and there are some things on my 5D3 that I wish the 7D had, mainly AF and low noise, but the 7D is no slouch.

If though, the 7DII came out with a clean 24 MP sensor and all of the advantages of the 5DIII and the 10FPS of the 1DX and a extended grip to accommodate a stronger battery, then my wallet would probably be in trouble.

The question is how much trouble?

When the 5DIII came out I thought it was a little overpriced. After I bought it I felt like I had a really fine camera that had much more value than I had initially given it credit for. Many others also felt like the initial $3500 was out of balance, mainly comparing it to the price of the D800. Of course, the price did settle down some as it always does and I feel now that the 5DIII has enough value for the price.

Back to the 7DII...

What do you think it will priced at (not what you want but what Canon does) upon it's release if the current rumors hold? I'm expecting somewhere between $1900 - $3000. And I guess if it turns out to be everything I hope for I would pay just about anywhere in that price range.

What would be your break point price?

TIA

-- hide signature --

Alton

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow