Canon 6D - only one card slot. Should I worry (Nikon user)?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lordbeau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,220
Like?
Canon 6D - only one card slot. Should I worry (Nikon user)?
Mar 8, 2013

I am at a crossroads. Have used Nikon for a good few years but the QC issues have really been a problem. I now have just the D300s and could get the D7100. Let’s be honest – it sounds great. 24MP, dual cards and no anti-alias filter. Great AEB though pity about the RAW buffer.

However, I have had bad experiences with Nikon QC on both D700 and D7000 and several lenses. Do I buy Nikon D7100 and hope they now have their act together? I passed on D600 and D800 because of apparent problems with QC. Now Canon have poured oil on the flames by announcing quite a good cashback in the UK. I could get 6D and some nice lenses and flash and something for backup (maybe only a 60D but it’s not a bad camera). I would save a few hundred pounds against ebaying all my remaining Nikon gear.

One of the attractions of Nikon cameras is the dual card slots. I have never had a problem with a card though I have had cameras go down on me and start corrupting files.

Has anyone been really sorry that they just had one card slot in their camera?

Anyone regretted going from Nikon to buying Canon, perhaps a 6D?

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow