Nikon 28/1.8 or Sigma 35/1.4?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
azoele
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
Re: Nikon 28/1.8 or Sigma 35/1.4?
In reply to anotherMike, Mar 8, 2013

anotherMike wrote:

Just a side note: The focus shift on the 28 hasn't caused me any issues. The field curvature is the thing that is a bit tricker to figure out. However, in many cases it's actually beneficial.

I still think this question might come down to focal length. I will say this though - I'm loving the 28/1.8G, more than I *ever* expected to. I don't know if I could give it up myself....

-m

Then, I have no choice to try one seriously mike, if you say so
I do trust youe opinions on lenses.

It's just that I have been "burned" by focus shifts on the 85 1.4G and the 24 1.4G, so much that I ended up selling the 85, and the 24 will follow suit.
Perhaps the 28 is of the same mettle of the 85 1.8G: tried it, and was impressed by how better it focused than the 1.4G for me, and how sharp wide open it is.

Thanks for the tip!
Also, no matter how much I enjoy roaming with a 24 and a 35... 28 is my "natural" perspective, one I really love. So much that I almost purchased the 1.4d last year

Lory

-- hide signature --

'The human race is a race of cowards. And I'm not only marching in that procession, but carrying a banner.'
Mark Twain

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow