Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless cameras part 2.
In reply to joejack951, Mar 8, 2013

joejack951 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

joejack951 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

So you are one of those who can only compare a mirror-less camera to a full frame DSLR, nothing else. I guess, the point then would be... have APS-C DSLRs been already defeated that mirror-less ought to be only compared to full frame cameras?

No, the discussion has been about ultra-fast wide angle lenses. To have any chance of making real comparisons across formats, we need to think in terms of equivalent field of views and apertures(otherwise compacts with ultra-ultra-wide angles kill everything we're discussing).

Why? Is it a religion to believe that mirror-less must follow smaller format? Why are you having trouble avoiding APS-C/DSLR to APS-C/Mirror-less comparison?

You seem to be missing my point. There's no use discussing lens size if you are going to ignore non-equivalent field of views and apertures.

When you can figure out that it is okay to compare APS-C mirror-less to APS-C DSLRs, rather than running away from it. Real world options help make these discussions meaningful.

APS-C has a lot of the same issues as current mirrorless cameras in that for an equivalent lens, the system isn't any smaller. It's only smaller when you live with smaller apertures. My 24-120/4 zoom lens would need to be a 16-80/2.8 lens on DX.

Why? And that is not unique to mirror-less world (APS-C sensor is independent of whether the camera body can be mirrored or mirror-less).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow