The new Samsung 50 - 200 mm III arrived - are there any questions?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chris62
Regular MemberPosts: 300Gear list
Like?
Re: The new Samsung 50 - 200 mm III arrived - are there any questions?
In reply to eilivk, Mar 8, 2013

eilivk wrote:

Usee wrote:

eilivk wrote:

timedrun wrote:

what's it like at 200mm? my mk1 is a bit rubbish at that fl.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

Wondering about that too. Do not use it handheld past 150mm. Otherwise it's fine. But a bit heavy. Weight of the new one? (difficult to find).

It is more easy to find, if You use the "Flat view" in the forum and look at the already written posts:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50994846

402 g (14.2 oz) and Your lens?

-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!
Uli

Really dont know the weight, it does not look like the Samsung D-Xenon 50-200 F4-5.6 ED, not got rubber "knots" but "lines", and got an af/mf switch and letters iFn...

A bit problems with softness to the right side I think, did not notice at first, switched from OIS 1 to 2, did not help. Maybe turn off stabilization, if I find out where to do it...

OIS system means moving piece of glass inside so sometimes quality is worse.

Mostly i have OIS switched off and prefer short shutter time, but OK sometimes OIS is needed.

It can be that you got not perfect lens, it happens as Viking wrote.

I use version II and my is OK but in general I think my 18-55 set to @50 mm is sharper than 50-200 in the same FL and the geometry differs too.

I like 50-200 for nice bokeh - resolution is not first thing for me because on screen is good enough.

Bokeh and DR we cen see in every picture size.

Chris62's gear list:Chris62's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow