New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 619
Like?
Re: Wow, you're hard to please
In reply to Flying Fish, Mar 8, 2013

Flying Fish wrote:

It's not exactly as if we currently have lousy cameras desperately in need of improvements. On the contrary, our cameras--including Nikon, Olympus, Sony, and yes, Canon--are pretty amazing. People complain about the "crippled" 6D but "crippled" compared to what? Are you saying that all cameras at all levels should have the specs of the top-of-the line model? What's wrong with the 60D that so desperately needs upgrading? Even the ancient 7D still is amazing. You should go to Thom Hogan's web site ( www.bythom.com ) and read his excellent articles titled "the Last Camera Syndrome."

That said, would I buy a "70D"? Probably not because I have a T2i and a 7D, but I'd check it out. Would I buy a 7D2? That seems quite likely. I dunno, I'm not finding myself limited by m

what you're saying is mostly true.6d ia great camera and it will produce images comparable to any high end camera on the market... AND it does compete with d600 at the same price point..it has built in wifi/gps that d600 does not have..wifi can be added via an inexpensive accessory,6d does have a more sensitive af center focus point that works extremely well,but d600 does have a more flexible af system with  more cross points that works very well despite what the canon diehards would have you beleive,d600 has built in flash that most use as a commander to wirelessly fire off camera speedlights,with 6d you need to buy the fairly expensive(200 dollars)wirelss trigger,6d has one card slot vs 2 for d600,very important for me..and d600..and all nikon cameras since the mid 90's has one feauture that is missing on all canon cameras with the exception of the flagship eos1 models..the ability to link the spot meter to all af points..makes it so much easier to meter off center subjects under a bright light with dark background(stage/theater lighting comes to mind) is 6d crippled vs d600? no...but canon did leave out some key feautures..not bashing canon at all..im wating for the announcement of the killer 7dmk2 and will add it in a hot minute to my nikon gear if nikon dont announce their "me too"7dmk2..the d400..d7100 not in same class as the excellent 7d
nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow