Epson R3000 not making me happy

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
sambucadog
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Epson R3000 not making me happy
In reply to jtoolman, Mar 7, 2013

Well, printer #2 arrived today. After 2 hours on the phone with Epson, they determined that this printer was bad too. The front feeder was so sensitive that we had to disable the skew function. Then they had me load fine art paper using the poster board setting. It did print, but it would not let me select 8 1/2 x 11.. Tried poster board on the printer and fine art on the computer setting, still no go. Reinstalled all software from their site, no go. (When it did print on the poster board setting, it enlarged everything because it would only allow a 13x19 Super B setting.) Unfortunately, Epson is not training their tech support in Lightroom either, which is where I do printing from. They tried to blame Lightroom, but I think their drivers are a little wonky along with the front feed tray issues. They also told me I should maybe just use another paper. HUH? I'm using your paper guys, not Staples. I made the point that a printer company should be able to make printers that print with their own papers.

So awaiting printer #3. They won't give me a new one either. At this point I'm pretty disgusted.

Hey Epson, if you are listening, MANY photographers print from Lightroom! Start training your tech people.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow