In reply to howardroark, Mar 7, 2013

howardroark wrote:

SpartanWarrior wrote:

Ramesh wrote:

http://photorumors.com/2013/03/06/canon-announcement-on-march-22-eos-70d/

http://www.canonrumors.com/

-- hide signature --

rr

Although I am a Canon user for many years, but I really hate to say it we will not see anything good from them, looks like Nikon took the ball and ran with it and Canon is to busy worring about video, I am starting to think that I married the wrong system but we'll see...

Canon is a huge organization capable of doing many things at once. Notice the Nikon A coming out? If you think Canon is wasting their time what is that? Canon produced something that nobody has matched yet and they don't get any credity. A near-APS-C sensor (yeah, nobody likes the aspect ratio except me and two other people I think) in a smallish body with a zoom lens (great quality) for a reasonable price. Sony used a 1" sensor and a truly point and shoot (features and size) body which is great for some and Nikon is sticking with their 1 system and the A.....doesn't impress me.

Canon is obviously working on their technology whether you like video or not. All the R&D will find its way into your precious Canon upgrade soon enough and it will benefit still capture as well as video. Nobody can ignore video any more, although I wish it wasn't such a high priority in a stills body. I haven't seen Nikon or Sony or Olympus or anyone else do something that I find all that stunning and innovative. What is Nikon doing?

fair enough.."what is nikon doing"..they did inspire canon to build the excellent 7d..wich is a"me too"camera 2 full years after d300..yes 7d exceeds d300/300s 2 years.. later.when canon was on top of the world with their ff cameras they had a great chance to burry nikon but failed to produced the high speed highly responsive ff camera that the canon camp wanted..nikon released the high speed ff d3/d3s..now that canon has the fantastic 1DX ff super camera..it is a great camera..but it's also a "me too" camera..a higher performing d3/d3s/d4 type camera..think about it.nikon d7100 is announced and will be available at the end of this month, and canon will announce their next "me too" camera soon enough to compete with d7100.the new eos m mirrorless camera ..is a "me too" camera inspired by the the sony nex system.canon builds some excellent cameras and they have greater market share than the rest...but they dont innovate like they use too..playing it safe?..ohh d600 was released before the 6d..both stellar cameras....canon has a great chance here to innovate by introducing the killer 7dmk2 with the runored high specs,if they do, it will force nikon to announce their "me too" competitor to 7dm2...have you seen the kickass cameras from fuji?name one camera from canon or nikon that competes with the fujiis?

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow